BIO International Convention 2022 Recap
Penny Walsh-McGuire and Paul-Xavier Etter attended BIO International Convention, in San Diego, California – one of the premier events in the life sciences calendar, BIO brought together people from around the globe, in person, to explore this year’s theme Limitless Together.
The CASTL team had a busy week of one-on-one meetings, panel presentations and networking opportunities.
• A panel on biomanufacturing in Quebec hosted by Anie Perrault from BIOQuebec and Jean-Marc Juteau from Biotech City. Panelists included Immune Biosolutions, Biodextris, SmokePond Biologics and GSK.
• The official opening of the Canada Pavilion hosted by BioTECanada included presentations by elected officials and an engaging industry panel with Oliver Technow, of BIOVECTRA, Abi Coman-Walker of Acuitas Therapeutics and Cynthia Lavoie of CCRM.
• Penny joined Mounia Azzi, vice president program development and partnerships at adMare BioInnovations for a panel on talent development for life sciences moderated by Andrew Casey of BIOTECanada. Rob Henderson of BioTalent Canada opened the panel. Mounia and Penny discussed the role of government and industry, and the shared responsibility to encourage a diverse workforce to strengthen Canada’s bioeconomy.
• CASTL participated in an Atlantic Canada Industry roundtable with PEI Premier Dennis King, NL Premier Andrew Furey, NL Minister of Industry, Energy and Technology Andrew Parsons, NB Minister of Health Dorothy Shephard, NS Minister of Health and Wellness Michelle Thompson and industry representatives from the Atlantic delegation.
• Connecting with industry, government other stakeholders from across the country at numerous receptions including RendezVous Quebec reception hosted by Quebec Government, Reception hosted by Life Sciences BC, and the Taste of the Atlantic Night hosted by the PEI BioAlliance.
We look forward to seeing everyone at BIO International Convention 2023, in Boston, MA!
If you’re interested in learning more about CASTL’s biomanufacturing training programs – contact us. We’d be happy to set up a time to learn more about your operations and how we can assist.