CASTL is hiring a Biopharma Manufacturing Trainer
Why Us – Who Are We and What Do We Do?
Canadian Alliance for Skills and Training in Life Sciences
The Canadian Alliance for Skills and Training in Life Sciences (CASTL) provides world-class technical skills development and training in life sciences specializing in biopharmaceutical manufacturing for Canada. It is a first-of-its-kind partnership in Canada between academia, industry, and government to address the future skills needs of the fast-growing bioscience sector.
With a specialization in biopharmaceutical manufacturing skills and training, CASTL delivers on the economic demand for individuals who are work-ready to enter, thrive and meet the needs of the Canadian bioscience industry. CASTL offers multiple applied learning streams and pathways for individuals to acquire the hands-on technical training, theoretical knowledge, and professional skills to have a successful career in life sciences.
CASTL is the exclusive provider of National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) licensed training programs in Canada and will deliver NIBRT’s training curriculum within CASTL’s applied learning streams.
Host Organization: Prince Edward Island BioAlliance
Established in 2005, the Prince Edward Island BioAlliance (PEI BioAlliance) is the private not-for profit sector-led, partnership of businesses, research and academic institutions, and government agencies dedicated to building the bioscience sector in Prince Edward Island (PEI) and beyond. We believe that developing a pipeline of skilled talent for the Canadian bioscience sector is of critical importance to the future of the industry in our region and in our country. Our 15-year history of building human resources (HR) capacity locally has generated a passion, established partnerships, and strengthened our commitment to address this challenge for Canada.
What is the Unique Opportunity that Awaits You?
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver training content to a wide variety of clients in the bioprocessing sector. The successful candidate will participate as a member of the CASTL Training Team and will support the Director of Technical Training across all relevant areas.
What Will You be Doing?
- Delivery of training material including lectures and practical content in biopharmaceutical processing operations.
- Day to day operation of pilot plant facilities and laboratory equipment in CASTL’s pilot production training facility.
- Delivery of customised training materials for clients onsite, online or offsite.
- Measurement of training effectiveness using a variety of assessment tools.
- Self-directed learning to ensure current knowledge of bioprocessing and an awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Implementation and maintenance of documentation for the CASTL facility and business activities (SOPs, production batch records, project proposals and technical reports).
- Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of laboratory and plant equipment and liaising with facilities team at CASTL to resolve problems.
- Supporting CASTL in the delivery of new and expanded methods of training (e.g. eLearning, blended learning etc.)
- Hosting tours of CASTL pilot production plant and attend business development meetings with prospective clients.
Any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by your manager.
Who are we Looking For?
You will hold a PhD in related scientific field (Life Science/Biopharmaceutical Processing/Engineering) OR a BSc/MSc in a related scientific field combined with relevant (bio) pharmaceutical industry experience. You will also have:
- Detailed practical knowledge of bioprocessing manufacturing operations is essential.
- Documented interest, knowledge, or experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- Vaccine manufacture
- QC Microbiology
- Sterile Fill Finish & aseptic processing of final drug product
- Automation for Biopharma (, LIMS etc.)
- QC Bioanalytics
- Drug Substance Manufacture
- Cell and gene therapies
- Motivated self-starter, capable of working under their own initiative as part of a busy and dynamic training team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation-style communications skills are essential for this role.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written, and presentation-style communications
- Be personable and operate with a high degree of integrity, transparency and professional values
- Relevant education in life sciences, preferably in biotechnology
- Minimum level of education attained is a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in bioprocessing manufacturing operations is required
- Knowledge of adult learning theory would be considered an asset
- Experience delivering biopharmaceutical and/or bioprocessing related training would be considered an asset
- Experience with biopharmaceutical facility design and construction would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with digital training development would be considered an asset
- Experience with the sourcing, purchasing and installation of biopharmaceutical processing equipment would be considered an asset
- Bilingual would be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive wage package. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and expertise.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Groom & Associates
Our Hiring Commitment
The PEI BioAlliance and CASTL are committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. The PEI BioAlliance is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.