CASTL is hiring a Marketing and Communications Assistant
Why Us – Who Are We and What Do We Do?
The Canadian Alliance for Skills and Training in Life Sciences (CASTL) provides world-class technical skills development and training in life sciences specializing in biopharmaceutical manufacturing for Canada. It is a unique partnership between academia, industry, and government to address the future skills needs of the fast-growing bioscience sector.
CASTL delivers on the economic demand for individuals who are work-ready to enter, thrive, and meet the needs of the Canadian bioscience industry. CASTL offers multiple applied learning streams and pathways for individuals to acquire the hands-on technical training, theoretical knowledge, and professional skills to have a successful career in life sciences.
Host Organization: Prince Edward Island BioAlliance
Established in 2005, the Prince Edward Island BioAlliance (PEI BioAlliance) is the private not-for profit sector-led, partnership of businesses, research and academic institutions, and government agencies dedicated to building the bioscience sector in Prince Edward Island (PEI) and beyond. We believe that developing a pipeline of skilled talent for the Canadian bioscience sector is of critical importance to the future of the industry in our region and in our country. Our 15-year history of building human resources (HR) capacity locally has generated a passion, established partnerships, and strengthened our commitment to address this challenge for Canada.
What is the Unique Opportunity that Awaits You?
CASTL is seeking an enthusiastic summer student to take on the exciting role of Marketing and Communications Assistant. The position will spend eight weeks as a marketing and communications assistant with CASTL’s team.
What Will You be Doing?
CASTL is preparing for the opening of its first hands-on biopharmaceutical manufacturing training centre in Charlottetown, PE in September of 2022. As a part of the Marketing and Communications team you will:
- Support the implementation of CASTL’s marketing and Communications Plan
- Help to monitor and report on social media metrics
- Support the team in the development of marketing and communications materials to promote CASTL’s first hands-on training and the CASTL Online Academy
- Support the planning for the grand opening of CASTL’s first hands-on biopharmaceutical manufacturing training centre
- Undertake secondary research, environmental scans and analysis to support CASTL’s current and future initiatives.
- Support the development of presentations and reports related to research results.
- Conduct data collection, analysis, and report on findings pertaining to CASTL programming.
- Contribute to the implementation of the CASTL’s strategic plan.
- Other duties as required.
Who are we Looking For?
The successful candidate will be:
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Please note that international students are not eligible.
The Competencies and Personal Attributes We Are Looking For:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated research, analysis and report writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated high regard for quality, accuracy and attention
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $13.70 per hour
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email in a PDF format to:
Sidney Reid, Director of Client Service, CASTL
Deadline to Apply: June 29, 2022
Thank you for your interest, only those individuals invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Hiring Commitment
The PEI BioAlliance and CASTL are committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. The PEI BioAlliance is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.