CASTL is hiring a Program Assistant
Why Us – Who Are We and What Do We Do?
The Canadian Alliance for Skills and Training in Life Sciences (CASTL) provides world-class technical skills development and training in life sciences specializing in biopharmaceutical manufacturing for Canada. It is a unique partnership between academia, industry, and government to address the future skills needs of the fast-growing bioscience sector.
CASTL delivers on the economic demand for individuals who are work-ready to enter, thrive, and meet the needs of the Canadian bioscience industry. CASTL offers multiple applied learning streams and pathways for individuals to acquire the hands-on technical training, theoretical knowledge, and professional skills to have a successful career in life sciences.
Host Organization: Prince Edward Island BioAlliance
Established in 2005, the Prince Edward Island BioAlliance (PEI BioAlliance) is the private not-for profit sector-led, partnership of businesses, research and academic institutions, and government agencies dedicated to building the bioscience sector in Prince Edward Island (PEI) and beyond. We believe that developing a pipeline of skilled talent for the Canadian bioscience sector is of critical importance to the future of the industry in our region and in our country. Our 15-year history of building human resources (HR) capacity locally has generated a passion, established partnerships, and strengthened our commitment to address this challenge for Canada.
What is the Unique Opportunity that Awaits You?
As the Program Assistant, you will provide support services to the CASTL management team in the delivery of our national training programs.
What Will You be Doing?
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will:
- Oversee incoming and outgoing communications to our general inbox and assist with responses.
- Support file and documentation management, keeping important information and documents organized.
- Update project management system with activities and tasks to track progress.
- Prepare and update professional correspondence and documentation, including letters, emails, proposals, meeting notes, and meeting packages.
- Update and maintain contact/customer database.
- Coordinate meetings and assist with program events and coordinate any related travel.
Who are we Looking For?
As Program Assistant, your collaborative approach and ability to take initiative will allow you to support the growing CASTL program and team. You possess excellent communication skills as well as strong problem-solving and active listening skills that enable you to consult with both external clients and internal teams in an open, respectful, and transparent manner. Your organizational ability and attention to detail allow you to work effectively in a team setting, manage your time, prioritize demands, and efficiently juggle tasks. You have strong written communication skills and have experience structuring documents/reports. You have good technical abilities and can navigate within Microsoft Office Suite and other project management platforms. You take pride in your professional approach to your work and are energized by working in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a professional office setting.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects/files at once.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset.
$55,000 – $60,000 and competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to:
Penny Walsh-McGuire, Executive Director, CASTL
Deadline to Apply: June 24, 2022
Thank you for your interest, only those individuals invited for an interview will be contacted.
Our Hiring Commitment
The PEI BioAlliance and CASTL are committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. The PEI BioAlliance is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.