Introduction to Downstream Processing includes both hands-on practical and lecture components covering topics including clarification, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, viral clearance and chromatography. Course trainees will be introduced to the basics of filtration and chromatography in a theory session before building on this knowledge and performing these operations using a practical component.
January 25-26, 2023
March 22-23. 2023
May 17-18, 2023
September 20-21, 2023
This course is designed for those that are new to downstream processing including operators, technical staff, engineers, and managers who need to increase their basic knowledge of actual operations in a modern downstream processing biopharmaceutial plant.
- Fundamentals of downstream processing for product recovery
- Introduction to chromatography and column packing
- Introduction to ultrafiltration/diafiltration
- Introduction to viral clearance technologies
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of chromatography operations used in a bioprocessing facility
- Pack chromatography columns utilising a flow pack method
- Describe the key operations of ultrafiltration diafiltration
- Perform protein concentration and buffer exchange using UF/DF systems.
COURSE DELIVERY MODEL
2 days practical at CASTL Biomanufacturing Training Facility in Charlottetown
Introduction To Downstream Processing