Applicants for the Reskilling Program will be introduced to a variety of topics designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to start a successful career in the bioscience industry including:
- Overview of the Biosciences Industry
- Good Manufacturing Practice/Good Laboratory Practice
- Laboratory Science
- Fundamental Mathematics
- Instrumentation and Data Analysis
- Health and Safety
Successful applicants to the CASTL Reskilling Program will be expected to attend all classes and labs, as well as complete all assignments and quizzes during the initial 8-week training period, facilitated by Holland College. The Reskilling Program is a fast-paced course, which delivers a lot of information over a short period of time. Student attendance and completion of all coursework is considered mandatory.
- Applicants must have a grade 12 diploma. Further post-secondary education or relevant work experience would be considered an asset.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Applicant must reside in Prince Edward Island.
- Effective time-management and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Computer Literacy Skills and Microsoft Office
- Experience in a production or manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Work to be performed outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends when required.